- 1 pound cross cut veal shank
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Creole Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped onions
- One-fourth cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 and one-half cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Season the veal shank with 1 teaspoon of the Creole seasoning. In a separate bowl, add the remaining teaspoon of Creole Seasoning to one cup of the flour and mix well.
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof saucepan. Dredge the veal shank in the seasoned flour mixture, then place in the pot. Cook until browned on both sides, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- To the saucepan, add the garlic, onions, tomato paste and the remaining tablespoon of flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the beef stock, tarragon, red wine and whip until a sauce forms.
- Place the veal shank back in the pot and cover with a lid. Place in oven and bake for 1 hour. Stir twice during the cooking process.
- Remove from the oven and serve with pasta or rice.
Tarragon Compound Butter
Steak With Oysters
Braised Roast Beef Debris
Charcoal Grilled Marinated Wild Duck Breasts
Grilled Garlic Pepper Cowboy Steak
Corn Cakes With Caviar And Traditional Garnishes
Fetuccine With Lemon Butter Sauce
Italian Chicken Ribbons With Plum Jam Dipping Sauce
Lemon Pound Cake With Macerated Berries
Toasted Gruyere With Onions And Apples