- 2/3 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup grated fresh coconut
- 1 cup ice-cold soda water
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tail on
- Creole seasoning
- 1 plantain
- 1 recipe of Mango Chutney
- 12 fresh lychee fruit, washed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- Preheat the fryer.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, egg, coconut and soda water. Mix well to make a smooth batter. Season with salt. Season the shrimp with Creole seasoning. Holding the tail of the shrimp, dip in the batter, coating completely and shaking off the excess. Fry the shrimp in batches until golden brown, about 4 to 6 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with Creole seasoning.
- Peel the plantains. Slice the plantains thinly, lengthwise. Fry the plantains until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with Creole seasoning.
- Mound some of the Mango Chutney in the center of each plate. Lay the shrimp around the chutney. Garnish with fried plantains, lychee fruit and cilantro.
Pineapple Cream Pie With Coconut Crust
Deep Fried Mahi Mahi Macadamia Nut Fingers
Coconut Beer Battered Shrimp With Mango Orange Chutney
Tempura Hearts Of Palm On A Bed Of Warm Greens
Coconut Shrimp With Star Fruit And Black Bean Salsa And Passion Fruit Cream
Shrimp Coconut Soup With Ginger And Lemongrass
Tempura Soft Shells With Oriental Salad And Citrus Gastrique
Tempura Stone Crab Claws With Lemon Black Pepper Tartar Sauce
Wok Fried Tempura Ahi With Shoyu Mustard Butter Sauce And Tomato Ginger Relish