- One beef brisket, about 7 to 8 pounds, trimmed
- One-half teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- One and one-half cups ketchup
- Salt to taste
- 4 to 5 cups water (enough to cover the brisket)
- Season brisket with pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder and place in roasting pan. Mix the ketchup with water to cover meat and seal securely with aluminum foil. Bake for about two and one-half hours at 350 degrees. Remove the meat from pan and set aside to cool, reserving the pan juices. Slice the brisket and place the meat it in a covered container. Refrigerate the reserved pan juices in another covered container. Before reheating, remove any congealed fat that has risen to the surface of the pan juices. Then it over the meat in shallow baking dish and bake covered until tender, about another 2 hours.