- 2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup cubed Cheddar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Vanilla ice cream, accompaniment
- Maple Glaze
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, toss the apples with the lemon juice. Add the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and toss to combine.
- In a saute pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Cook apple mixture for 7 to 10 minutes until apple juices release and apples are slightly softened. Sprinkle flour over mixture. Cook for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry sheet. With pizza wheel, cut pastry sheet into 6 squares.
- Add the cubed cheese to cooled apple mixture. Divide the apple mixture in the center of each pastry square, leaving a 1-inch border along the long sides. Carefully fold into triangle shape; crimp the ends together with fork to seal, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, beat together the egg and water to make an egg wash. With a pastry brush, lightly coat the outside of each square with the egg wash. Using a paring knife, make a vent in each triangle.
- Bake until risen and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool slightly and drizzle with maple glaze. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream on the side.
Baked Sweet Potato Hand Pies
Deep-dish Apple Cobbler With Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese
Deep Dish Apple Cobbler With Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese
Apple Cranberry Crisp With Oat Topping And Cheddar Cheese
Hand Pie Dough
Deep Dish Apple Pie
Caramel Cinnamon Graham Apple Pie With Caramel Pecan Cream
Apple Custard Pie With Sweetened Whipped Cream
Rhubarb And Apple Pie With Walnut Crumb Topping
Apple Fried Pies