- 6 ounces salt pork, cut into medium dice
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound dried yellow split peas
- 10 cups water
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, render the salt pork. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the onions, carrots, and celery. Season with black pepper. Sauté for 4 minutes. Stir in the bay leaf and peas. Add the water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium low and cook until the peas are tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Reseason if necessary.
- **The soup can either be pureed until smooth or served as is with crusty bread.
- Ladle the soup into individual serving bowls and garnish with parsley.
Emerilized Banh Pho Bo (vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup)
Gratinee Lyonnaise (lyon-style Onion Soup)
Pho Ga (vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup)
Ham And Split Pea Soup
Poutine (fries And Gravy)
Tarte Au Sucre (sugar Pie)
Tourti»re Du Saguenay (deep Dish Meat Pie)
Split Pea Soup With A Roasted Fennel And Lobster Salad
Minted Pea Soup
Gateau De Crepes Aux Pommes