- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (9-inch) pie shell, baked and cooled
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- Three-fourths cup granulated sugar
- One-half teaspoon salt
- Three-fourths teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (available in most supermarkets)
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped until stiff
- One-half cup light brown sugar
- One-fourth cup dark corn syrup
- One-fourth cup hot water
- One-half teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spread the ice cream in the pie shell. Place in the freezer until thoroughly hardened.
- Blend together the pumpkin, sugar, salt and spice in a bowl. Fold in the whipped cream. Spoon the mixture evenly over the frozen ice cream. Return to the freezer until ready to serve.
- To make the syrup, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Continue to boil until it starts to thicken, but don't let it get too thick. Let cool, then add the vanilla. When ready to serve, drizzle the syrup over the top of the pie, then cut into wedges.