- 1 rabbit, deboned and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon Rustic Rub
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Grind the mixture in a meat grinder fitted with a 1/4-inch die or coarsely grind in a food processor fitted with a metal blade.
- Either stuff the mixture into the prepared 1/2-inch-diameter casings and make 3-inch links or form into 3-inch patties, 1/4 inch thick. Fry the links in a nonstick skillet for about 10 minutes, turning them to cook evenly. Fry the patties in a nonstick skillet, about 3 minutes on each side.
- The links or patties can be stored in the freezer immediately.