- 4 all-beef hot dogs
- 4 ounces of grated cheddar cheese
- 12 slices of bacon, blanched
- 4 hot dog buns
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 4 tablespoons pickle relish
- Preheat the griddle. Make one slit about 1/2-inch thick down the side of each hot dog. Fill the each slit with 1-ounce of the grated cheese. Wrap three slices of the blanched bacon tightly around each cheese filled hot dog. Place the hot dogs on the hot griddle. Weigh down each hot dog using either a waffle iron or some other weight. Remove the weight every 2 to 3 minutes to turn the hot dog. Place the weight back on the hot dog and continue to cook until all four sides are seared, about 8 to 10 minutes total cooking time.
- Smear a tablespoon of the mustard and relish on each hot dog bun. Remove the hot dogs from the griddle and place in the hot dog buns.