- 3 pounds lean lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 bamboo or metal skewers
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 16 bay leaves
- 8 pita breads
- Pita Salad
- Combine lamb, olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, rosemary, oregano, basil and salt and pepper. Cover and marinate, refrigerated, for 2 hours.
- Preheat a grill.
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 1 hour. Alternate meat, onion, cherry tomatoes, and bay leaves onto skewers. Grill over low flame for 10 to 15 minutes, until done.
- Heat pita bread on grill until warm. Remove skewer from lamb, onion and tomatoes. Serve immediately in a pita, topped with Pita Salad.
Lamb Souvlaki With Tzatziki
Kid Friendly Kim Chee†
Crawfish And Roasted Sweet Potato Salad With Fried Okra And Buttermilk Dressing
Warm Watercress Salad With Stir Fried Beef And Kid Friendly Kim Chee
Greek Lamb And Potato Kabobs
Greek Beef Stew