- 3 pounds lean lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 bamboo or metal skewers
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 16 bay leaves
- 8 pita breads
- Pita Salad 
- Combine lamb, olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, rosemary, oregano, basil and salt and pepper. Cover and marinate, refrigerated, for 2 hours.
- Preheat a grill.
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 1 hour. Alternate meat, onion, cherry tomatoes, and bay leaves onto skewers. Grill over low flame for 10 to 15 minutes, until done.
- Heat pita bread on grill until warm. Remove skewer from lamb, onion and tomatoes. Serve immediately in a pita, topped with Pita Salad.