- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 2 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a mixing bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, coconut and melted butter. Mix well. Press into the bottom and sides on a nine inch pie pan. Bake until firm and golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees. In a saucepan, whisk the two cups of milk and sugar together. Place the pan over medium heat and bring the liquid up to a simmer. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks together. Temper the hot milk into the egg yolks. Whisk the tempered egg mixture into the hot milk mixture. In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch into the remaining milk to make a slurry. Whisk the slurry into the hot milk mixture. Bring the liquid up to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook the mixture, stirring constantly, until the filling is thick, about 4 to 6 minutes. Fold in the pineapple, vanilla and butter. Mix well. Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust and cool the pie completely.
- Using an electric mixer with a whip attachment, whip the egg whites to soft peaks. Add the remaining sugar and whip the egg whites to stiff peaks. Spread the egg whites over the top of the pie. Place the pie in the oven and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until the meringue is golden brown. Slice and garnish with powdered sugar and fresh mint.
Italian Cream Cake With A Coconut And Pineapple Icing
Flambeed Pineapples With Coconut Ice Cream
Cashew-Crusted Coconut Cream Pie with Lime Meringue
Berry Ice Cream Pie With Coconut Whipped Cream
Fresh Peach Fried Pies With A Cinnamon Crust And Roasted Peach And Raspberry Ice Cream
Grilled Pineapple With Rum Glaze And Coconut Ice Cream
Coconut Cream Pie
Coconut Cream Pie
Best Ever Coconut Cream Pie
Mille Feuille Of Benne Wafers And Pineapple Pastry Cream With Macerated Berries