- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, halved
- Freshly ground pepper
- 12 small garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 4 cups of vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound pancetta, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced Vidalia onions, or other sweet yellow onions
- 2 cups fresh sweet green peas
- 4 (6 to 8 ounces) striped bass fillets
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper. Place the potatoes in a small, shallow baking pan. Add the garlic, rosemary and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and bake until tender, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and cool the potatoes completely in the oil. Remove the potatoes and garlic from the oil. Reserve 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the oil. In a large saute pan, over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of the potato oil. When the oil is hot, add the pancetta. Saute for 2 minutes. Add the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to saute for 2 minutes. Add the peas, confit potatoes and confit garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to saute for 3 to 4 minutes or until hot. Set aside, keeping warm. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge the fillets in the flour. In a large saute pan, over medium heat, add 1/4 cup of the reserved oil. Pan-fry the fish for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until the fish is golden and crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- TO SERVE: Spoon the potato mixture in the center of each plate. Lay the fish directly on top of the potatoes. Garnish with parsley.
Crispy Confit Of Duck And Yukon Gold Potatoes With Braised Spinach, Shaved Truffles, Truffle Emulsion And White Truffle Oil
Seared Venison Chops With Elderberry Reduction, Garlic Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes, And Sauteed Baby Spinach
Salmon, Yukon Gold Potatoes And Artichoke Hearts With Lemon Vinaigrette And Choron Sauce
Yukon Gold Potato, Baby Beet And Crab Salad
Andouille Potato Cakes With Fresh Corn And Tomato Salsa
Crispy Striped Bass With Sauteed Baby Morels And A Watercress Sauce
Seared Magret Duck Breasts With Duck Fat, Pan-roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Haricots Verts And A Balsamic Cherry Reduction
Garlic Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes
Emeril's Grilled Cowboy Steak With Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Fried Oysters And A Drizzle Of Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Emeril's Kicked Up Stovetop Clam Bake With Lobsters, Mussels, Potatoes, Artichokes, And Sausages