From March 21-30, order the "Dish that Makes a Difference" at restaurants across New Orleans
* The "Dish that Makes a Difference" is a recipe contest for students in NOCCA's Culinary Arts program.
* Chefs and restaurateurs named Arieanna McKnight this year's winner for her berbere-crusted drum with strawberry-glazed roasted okra, mango salsa, and grilled piri piri shrimp.
* Versions of Arieanna's dish will be featured at restaurants across New Orleans from March 21-30, 2014.
* A portion of proceeds from every dish will be donated to The NOCCA Institute to support Louisiana's next generation of culinary artists.
* This is the Institute's fourth year of presenting "The Dish that Makes a Difference". Emeril Lagasse Foundation pioneered this contest in 2010 at Emeril's restauraunts throughout the country.
New Orleans, LA -- From March 21 - 30, 2014, restaurants across New Orleans will feature a special dish on their menus. This "Dish that Makes a Difference" was dreamed up by an outstanding NOCCA student, and proceeds from its sale will benefit NOCCA's Culinary Arts department.
That means you can support this amazing school that has taught the likes of Wynton Marsalis, Harry Connick Jr., and Wendell Pierce -- and you can do it just by dining out!
In January, New Orleans chefs and restaurateurs gathered to taste three dishes from students in NOCCA's Culinary Arts program. Students were asked to create dishes around the theme of Louisiana seafood.
When all the votes had been tallied, Arieanna McKnight took top honors for her berbere-crusted drum with strawberry-glazed roasted okra, mango salsa, and grilled piri piri shrimp. (That's Arieanna on the right in the above photo, posing with fellow finalists Quana Bourgeois [left], Landry Duchane [center].)
Now, you can taste Arieanna's creation yourself! She's given chefs free rein to interpret her winning recipe so that it matches the cuisine of their existing menus. That means you can eat in every participating restaurant, and you'll experience a different versions of Arieanna's dish every time.
Here's a partial list of restaurants serving the "Dish that Makes a Difference". Stay tuned -- we're adding more all the time:
723 Dante Street
520 Capdeville Street
Eat New Orleans
900 Dumaine Street
1300 St. Charles Avenue
Emeril’s New Orleans
800 Tchoupitoulas Street
3200 Burgundy Street
534 St. Louis Street
6078 Laurel Street
3218 Dauphine Street
827 Toulouse Street
Please join us in supporting Arieanna and her talented peers as they study to become Louisiana's next generation of culinary artists.