- 1 (12-ounce) package soba noodles
- 1/2 pound beef rib-eye steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sesame oil
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 3 scallions, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Korean ground chili powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup edamame, shelled
- 3 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
- Chopped peanuts, for garnish
- Fresh pea shoots, for garnish
- Place a large pot of water over high heat until water comes to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 5 minutes. Drain in a colander, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Rinse noodles under cool water and set drained noodles aside.
- In a small bowl, combine steak with sesame oil, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, Sriracha, vinegar, scallions, garlic, ginger and the chili powder and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a wok over high heat. Add meat along with its marinade and stir-fry until just cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Add noodles and stir-fry for 1 minute before adding edamame. Toss to combine. Garnish with sesame seeds, peanuts, and pea shoots. Serve immediately.
- Cook's Note: Korean ground chili powder is made from small red chiles, which are dried and ground. It has quite a bit of heat and is used to make kimchi; it's not as a finely ground as cayenne but is finer than our crushed red pepper. You can find it in Asian markets and online; it's also known as "gochu galu." Crushed red pepper can be pulsed in a spice mill or in a food processor and then substituted in a pinch.
- Source: Emeril's Table: Asian Noodles
Cold Soba Noodles with Shrimp and Peanut Miso Dressing
Chicken And Veggie Stir Fry With Cellophane Noodles
Thai-Style Beef Salad with Two Cabbages and Julienned Carrots
Emeril's Noodle Salad
Udon Noodle Stir-fry With Vegetables
Simple Chicken Noodle Soup
Emeril's Asian-style Steamed Whole Fish
Quail Milton with Wild Mushroom-Andouille Duxelles and Port Wine Sauce
Banana Cream Pie with Caramel Drizzles and Chocolate Sauce