- 1/2 cup soy sauce, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (8-ounce) package cellophane vermicelli noodles (also known as mung bean or glass noodles)
- 1/2 pound snow peas, ends trimmed, blanched
- 2 carrots, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices on the diagonal (about 2 cups), blanched
- 3 cups broccoli florets, blanched
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt, for seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup cooked edamame
- Chopped peanuts, for garnish
In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, hoisin sauce, 1/4 cup sesame oil, vinegar, Sriracha, green onion, and garlic. Slice chicken into 1/2-inch thick slices on diagonal and add to bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
Remove chicken from marinade.
Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a wok over high heat. When oil is very hot, add half the chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside on a platter. Add 2 more tablespoons vegetable oil to wok and repeat with remaining chicken.
Add chicken, ginger, and chicken broth to wok. Push chicken to the side and then add noodles, cover, bring to a simmer, and cook until noodles are softened, about one minute. Remove lid and stir to combine. Add snow peas, carrots, broccoli, and crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring as needed, until everything has cooked through and liquid has been absorbed, 6 to 8 minutes longer.
Drizzle in remaining 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, if desired, and season with salt and soy sauce, if necessary. Garnish with green onions, edamame, and peanuts, and serve immediately.
- Source: Emeril's Table: Asian Noodles
Udon Noodle Stir-fry With Vegetables
Beef And Soba Noodles
Stir Fried Crabmeat With Cellophane Noodles
Stir-fried Squid With Chile Sauce
Chicken-fried Steaks And Oysters With Cream Gravy
Emeril's Noodle Salad
Thai-Style Beef Salad with Two Cabbages and Julienned Carrots
Simple Chicken Noodle Soup
Vietnamese-Style Curried Shrimp with Cellophane Noodles
Tchoup Chop Chicken Stir Fry With Noodles