- 3/4 pound garlic (about 5 large heads)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut the top quarter from each head of garlic and place cut side up onto one side of a piece of aluminum foil cut to measure approximately 12 by 8 inches. Drizzle oil lightly over garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold other side of foil over and seal on all sides to form an airtight pouch. Transfer to a baking sheet and place in oven. Roast until cloves are soft and golden brown, about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let sit until cool enough to handle. Squeeze each head of garlic, gently pressing with your fingers to expel the soft cloves into a bowl. Stir garlic with a rubber spatula to blend thoroughly.
- Cook's Note: Roasted garlic can be refrigerated in an airtight container until needed, up to 2 weeks.
Roasted Garlic Soup
Fettuccine With Peas And Bacon
Stir-fried Squid With Chile Sauce
Emeril's Quick And Perfect Guacamole And Homemade Tortilla Chips
Spicy Sirloin Steak Fajitas
Roasted Garlic White Sauce
Roasted Chicken Breasts With Roasted Acorn Squash, Braised Pears, And A Pear Cider Reduction
Roasted Acorn Squash And Braised Pears