- 3/4 pound garlic (about 5 large heads)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut the top quarter from each head of garlic and place cut side up onto one side of a piece of aluminum foil cut to measure approximately 12 by 8 inches. Drizzle oil lightly over garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold other side of foil over and seal on all sides to form an airtight pouch. Transfer to a baking sheet and place in oven. Roast until cloves are soft and golden brown, about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let sit until cool enough to handle. Squeeze each head of garlic, gently pressing with your fingers to expel the soft cloves into a bowl. Stir garlic with a rubber spatula to blend thoroughly.
- Cook's Note: Roasted garlic can be refrigerated in an airtight container until needed, up to 2 weeks.
Roasted Garlic Soup
Fettuccine with Peas and Bacon
Emeril's Quick And Perfect Guacamole And Homemade Tortilla Chips
Spicy Sirloin Steak Fajitas
Stir-fried Squid With Chile Sauce
Roasted Garlic White Sauce
Roasted Chicken Breasts With Roasted Acorn Squash, Braised Pears, And A Pear Cider Reduction
Roasted Acorn Squash And Braised Pears