- 8 to 10 Red Bliss potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Salt, to taste
- 2 to 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, add salt, then reduce heat to medium and cook until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain potatoes in a colander and discard cooking water. Return potatoes to the pot, set over medium heat. Stir potatoes constantly for 2 to 3 minutes to remove any excess liquid.
- Add butter; using a handheld potato masher, mash butter into potatoes. Gradually add milk; stir to mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Simple Roasted Turkey Breast
Basic Whipped Cream
Shiitake-braised Brussels Sprouts
Chai-spiced Pumpkin Pudding With Lady Fingers
Emeril's Homemade Vegetable Stock
Garden Vegetable Soup
Emeril's Perfect Roast Chicken
A Melange Of Roasted Root Vegetables
Grilled Almond-Butter Sandwiches with Bananas and Semisweet Chocolate