- 6 cups (6 oz) baby spinach
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced, pitted black olives
- Salt, for seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper, for seasoning
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and briefly rinsed
- Tomato Vinaigrette
- Place spinach, red onion, bell pepper, black olives, and a pinch each of salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Heat a 12-inch saute pan over medium-high heat. Add chickpeas, 1/4 cup Tomato Vinaigrette, and a pinch each of salt and pepper and toss to heat through, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour chickpeas over spinach mixture. Using a spatula, scrape any residual vinaigrette from pan into salad. Drizzle another 1 to 2 tablespoons of vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat well. Serve immediately.
- Cook's note: If cooking all together, add warm tomato sauce from cooked mackerel and toss with red onion, bell pepper, black olives, salt, pepper, and chickpeas and pour over spinach to wilt.
Spanish Mackerel With A Spinach And Chickpea Salad And Tomato Vinaigrette
Salmon With Quinoa Mix, Sautéed Kale And Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
Grilled Sardines, Portuguese-style
Quinoa Mix With Sauteed Kale
Edamame With Sesame Oil And Sea Salt
Hot And Hearty Minestrone
Healthy Ranch Dipping Sauce
Oven-baked Chicken Fingers With Healthy Ranch Dipping Sauce