- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound linguine or spaghettini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for serving
- 3 ounces pancetta, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced garlic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves, plus additional for serving
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 pounds Little Neck, Manila, or cockle clams, scrubbed and purged in water
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan, optional
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, 8 to 9 minutes (or according to package instructions). Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to pot and toss with cooking liquid. Cover to keep warm; set aside.
In a large, heavy saute pan or medium pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add pancetta and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add onions and cook, stirring, until soft, 3 minutes. Add garlic, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and red pepper and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add wine and cook for 1 minute. Add clams and cover; shaking occasionally, cook until clams open, about 5 minutes. Uncover and discard any unopened clams.
Add cooked pasta and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, add parsley, and toss to coat. Divide among serving bowls and top each portion with cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.
Classic Moules Marinieres with Pommes Frites
Classic Mignonette For Oysters On The Half Shell
Lemon Pepper Vodka Granita For Oysters On The Half Shell
Kicked-up Cocktail Sauce For Raw Oysters
Linguine With Clams
Grilled Flat-Iron Steak with Avocado, Tomato, and Red Onion Salad
Seared Tri-tip Steak With Bearnaise Sauce And Pommes Frites
Chicken-fried Steaks And Oysters With Cream Gravy
Avocado, Tomato and Red Onion Salad