- 10 (9-inch) bamboo skewers
- 1 pound head-on colossal shrimp, about 8 shrimp, peeled and deveined (heads and tails intact)
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound Kataifi
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 1/2 hour. Thread shrimp onto skewer, threading from the tail to the head. Season the shrimp with the Essence, salt and pepper, and drizzle with 4 teaspoons olive oil.
- Place the shrimp on a griddle over a high heat, and cook for about 1 minute on each side. Set aside to cool. Once cool enough to handle, wrap about 1 ounce of the kataifi around each shrimp, being sure not to cover the head or the tail, and lay on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the shrimp and place the shrimp in the oven. Cook until the Kataifi is golden brown and the shrimp are cooked through, about 8-10 minutes, rotating the sheet pan once after 4 minutes to ensure even browning.
- Source: Emeril's Table: Magic of Phyllo