- 3 cups chopped assorted fresh wild mushrooms, such as shiitakes, chanterelles, black trumpets, or lobster mushrooms, cleaned
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) diced andouille sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence or Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs (see note)
- Combine the mushrooms and andouille in the bowl of a food processor and pulse about 10 times, until the mixture forms a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add onion and garlic, Essence, salt, and pepper, and saute, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes. Add mushroom-sausage mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 2 minutes. Stir in port and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Reduce heat to medium, add breadcrumbs, and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool before using.
- Note: Remove crusts from a dense, homemade-type white bread, and crumb 3 or 4 slices at a time in a food processor or blender. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Quail Milton with Wild Mushroom-Andouille Duxelles and Port Wine Sauce
Quail Milton With Wild Mushroom Andouille Duxelles And Port Wine Sauce
Wild Mushroom Andouille Duxelles
Banana Cream Pie with Caramel Drizzles and Chocolate Sauce
Emeril's Wild Mushroom And Manchego Pizza
Wild Mushroom Ragout Over Stone Ground Grits
Port Wine Sauce
Chicken and Smoked Sausage Gumbo