- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 to 115 degrees F)
- 2 (1/4-ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup picholine olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup slivered or sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh savory
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, dissolve the sugar in the warm water. Sprinkle the yeast over the water and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a mixer with the paddle attachment, add 3 cups of the flour, salt, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and the yeast mixture. Slowly turn on the mixer and mix until the dough comes together. Gradually add remaining flour, plus 1/4 cup more if dough is still too wet. Place the dough into an oiled bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, for 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Punch down the dough, and remove it from the bowl onto a lightly greased 9 by 13-inch baking sheet. Spread the dough to the edges of the baking sheet. Using your fingertips, make "dimples" in the dough. Drizzle the dough with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and sprinkle with olives, almonds and savory. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle warm bread with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Foccacia With Savory And Olives
Black And Green Olive Bread
Grape, Stilton, And Walnut Focaccia
Basic Savory Piecrust
Yellowedge Grouper With Savory Sweet Corn Pudding, Oyster Mushroom Vinaigrette And Petite Greens
Tomato And Fresh Mozzarella Focaccia
Grape, Stilton And Walnut Focaccia
Pork And Eggplant Cutlets With Olive Tomato Sauce
Chorizo and Sauteed Pepper Sandwich with Lemony Olive Oil-Cilantro Drizzle
Chicken Braised with Olives and Kumquats