- 8 slices stale cinnamon-raisin bread*
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Powdered sugar, as topping
- Maple or Cane Syrup, as desired
- Bacon Twirls
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Lay the bread on a flat work surface. Spread 4 slices with a heaping tablespoon of cream cheese, and top each with the remaining slices of bread.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Place the bread flat in a casserole dish and cover with the egg mixture. Let soak for 5 to 10 minutes.
- *(NOTE: If using fresh bread, do not soak longer than 5 minutes, as the bread will get too soggy.)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in the pan. Add as many slices of soaked bread to the pan as will fit in 1 layer, and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from the pan, place on a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter in the pan and cook the remaining bread.
- Sprinkle the French toast with powdered sugar and serve immediately with syrup, and bacon twirls on the side.
Warm Chocolate Sauce
Nutty Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Make Your Own Salad With Creamy Green Salad Dressing
Foie Gras Toast With Sauterne Gelee
Tea Smoked Salmon With Wasabi Cucumber Remoulade With Toast Points
Kicked Up Polenta Squares
Sausage, Onion And Bell Pepper Brochettes With Grilled Kicked Up Polenta Squares