- 8 to 12 ounces fresh, unsmoked pork sausage (*traditionally the Lyonnaise use Saucisson Pistache-- pistachio sausage)
- 3 pounds new potatoes, such as red bliss, scrubbed well
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or Champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped lightly toasted shelled pistachios
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley leaves
- Sprigs fresh chervil or baby parsley, garnish
- In a large saucepan, place the sausage and enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook until tender and cooked through, about 30 minutes. Do not let boil. Remove the pan from the heat and let the sausage sit in the hot liquid for 5 minutes. Transfer the sausage to a platter to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, place the potatoes, kosher salt, and enough water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a low boil and cook until the potatoes are tender yet still firm, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly. Slice into 1/4-inch thick rounds and place in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle with the white wine while still warm.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, shallots, garlic, salt, and pepper. While whisking, add the oil in a steady stream and whisk until the vinaigrette is thick and emulsified. Adjust the seasoning, to taste. Pour over the potatoes and gently toss to coat.
- Slice the sausage into 1/4-inch thick rounds and add to the potato mixture. Add the chopped parsley and pistachios, and toss gently to combine. Garnish with chervil or baby parsley sprigs and serve warm.
Warm Artichokes And Bacon Over Dandelion Greens
Gratinee Lyonnaise (lyon-style Onion Soup)
Horseradish And Citrus Crusted Tuna With Beer Sauce And Warm Ham And Herb Potato Salad
Mixed Grill With A Warm Potato And Chorizo Salad
Grilled Spiny Lobster With A Warm Tomato Salad, Garlic Creamed New Potatoes And A Drizzle Of White Truffle Oil
Warm Grilled Potato And Fennel Salad With Herbed Buttermilk Dressing
Cornmeal Crusted Lemonfish With Grilled Onion And Potato Lyonnaise And Crabmeat Ravigote
Salad Of New Potatoes And Roasted Walnuts With Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
Redfish Baked In A Foil Pouch With Cashew Garlic Butter, Baby Spinach And Warm Potato Salad
Mixed Grill With Warm Potato And Chorizo Salad