- 1/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds
- 1 teaspoon Essence
- 1 (8-ounce) piece manchego (the medium aged variety - it should not be too hard), rind removed and cut into 4 equal rounds
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons assorted chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, chives, basil, and marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 ounces mesclun, or other salad greens, rinsed and spun dry
- 2 small oranges, segmented
- 1/2 cup toasted pinenuts
- 4 ounces Serrano ham, chiffonade
- Fresh baby parsley sprigs, garnish
- Chives, garnish
- In a food processor, pulse the bread crumbs, almonds, and Essence until the nuts are ground, being careful not to over-grind. Place in a shallow dish.
- Dip the cheese slices in the egg white, then into the bread crumb mixture, turning to coat on all sides and pressing to adhere. Place on a plate, cover with plastic and refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a bowl, combine the vinegar, shallots, garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper. Slowly add the oil, whisking to make an emulsion.
- Place the greens and orange segments in a large bowl and toss lightly with dressing to taste. Adjust seasoning to taste. Divide among 4 salad plates.
- On a small, lightly greased baking sheet, bake the cheese rounds until golden brown and softened, about 5 minutes. Remove and transfer 1 round to each salad. Sprinkle the pine nuts and ham over the top of each salad, and garnish with the parsley sprigs and chives.
- Serve immediately with warm croutons.
Emeril's Kicked Up Pasta With Four Cheeses
Blue Cheese Pear Ice Cream
Warm Spinach Salad With A Fire-roasted Corn And Crispy Pancetta Dressing And Crumbled Goat's Cheese
Goat Cheese Gnocchi And Warm Spinach Salad With Caramelized Onion And Andouille Vinaigrette
Warm Spinach Salad With Roasted Pecan And Bacon Dressing With Goats Cheese
Warm Spinach Salad With Balsamic And Andouille Vinaigrette With Sliced Red Onions And Goat Cheese
Pastry Wrapped Baked Brie With Truffled Crabmeat Filling
Caramelized Salmon Over A Warm Potato Salad
Warm Pea Shoot And Rock Shrimp Salad With Hoisin Dressing And Crispy Wontons
Crabmeat Crusted Diver Scallops With A Warm Chorizo Potato Salad