- 2 1/2 cups water
- 5 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups chopped lemon grass
- 1/2 cup julienned fresh ginger
- 4 lemons, zested and juiced
- Combine the water, sugar, lemon grass, ginger, and lemon juice and zest in large saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a clean container and reserve for the daiquiris. (Infusion will keep for 2 weeks, refrigerated and also may be used to flavor dressings or drizzle over fresh fruit.)