- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups fish stock
- 24 mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded
- 3/4 pound medium white shrimp (about 24), shelled and deveined
- 1 pound dried linguine
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup finely grated pecorino
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a small saucepan, bring the wine to a simmer. Remove from the heat and add the saffron. Set aside.
- In a medium stockpot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the fish stock and saffron-wine mixture and bring a boil. Add mussels, cover, and cook for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, cover and simmer until the mussels open.
- Add the linguine to the boiling water and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Return the pasta, cooking liquid and 1 cup of the shellfish-saffron broth to the pot, and toss to coat.
- Divide the linguine, shrimp, and mussels among 6 pasta bowls. Garnish with the chopped parsley, sprinkle with the cheese, and serve.
Piri Piri Lobster With Saffron Linguine
Chile Pepper Lobster Over Saffron Linguine
Chairman Of The Board Linguine With Clam Sauce
Linguine With Clam Sauce
Pasta And Swiss Chard In Broth With Meatballs
Baked Halibut In A Saffron Broth Over Mashed Potatoes With A Tomato And Black Olive Ragout
Escolar Stew With Saffron Broth And Wild Mushrooms
Maccheroni Alla Chitarra Aglio E Olio
Seafood And Sausage With Essence Cream Sauce