- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped, toasted pecans
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Powdered sugar, as an accompaniment
- Creme fraiche, as an accompaniment
- Maple syrup, as an accompaniment
- Vanilla Ice Cream, as an accompaniment
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large, ovenproof skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the apples, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and cook, stirring, until the apples are soft and just golden, about 7 minutes. Add the walnuts, and cook, stirring, until the apples are caramelized, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and stir to melt. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and flour, and whisk just until blended, being careful not to over mix. Pour the batter over the apples. Bake until golden and puffed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Drizzle with creme fraiche and maple syrup and serve in the pan.
Tried And True Buttermilk Pancakes With Orange Syrup
Goat Cheese Stuffed Zucchini Pancakes With Tomato Sauce
Bacon Pancakes With Walnut Butter And Caramelized Onions
Pecan Pancakes With Boar Sausage Patties And Maple Syrup
Olga's Giant Apple Crisp
Pecan Waffles With Roasted Pecan And Banana Syrup
Buttermilk And Lemon Scented Pancakes With A Warm Blueberry Syrup
Emeril's Warm Peach Pancakes With Vanilla Bean Ice Cream And A Drizzle Of Warm Caramel Sauce
Blueberry Sourdough Pancakes
Cornmeal And Ham Pancakes