- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup minced yellow onions
- 2 medium firm-ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, cored, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 malaguetas, stemmed, seeded and minced (wear rubber gloves)*
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 2 (14-ounce) cans hearts of palm, rinsed, drained and dried on paper towels
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, combine the avocado, lime juice, and salt. Stir until just mixed, leaving chunky. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, vinegar, olive oil, cilantro, peppers, and garlic, and stir to combine. Allow to sit at least 30 minutes for flavors to develop.
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour and Essence. Roll the hearts of palm in the flour until lightly coated.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the hearts of palm in batches, and cook until crispy and golden brown on all sides, turning occasionally to ensure even browning. Remove from the skillet and transfer to serving plates. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Top each portion with a dollop of the Molho Apimentado and diced avocado, and serve immediately.
- *If you cannot find malaguetas, you can substitute any small hot pepper, such as tabasco or serrano
Warm Hearts of Palm with Crabmeat and Avocado Salad
Hearts Of Palm Salad With Vine Ripened Tomatoes, Oranges, Bibb Lettuce, Shaved Fennel, And Fried Soft Shell Crabs With Cucumber Yogurt Dressing
Chilled Stone Crab Claws With A Hearts Of Palm Salad And Honey Tangerine Gastrique
Peeky Toe Crabmeat And Hearts Of Palm Salad On Mache With Tangerine Vinaigrette
Tempura Hearts Of Palm On A Bed Of Warm Greens
Hearts Of Palm Hearts Of Palm And Crab Salad
Smoked Buffalo With Melted Fennel, Leeks, And Hearts Of Palm Salad With Florida Orange Vinaigrette
Feijoada (Brazilian Black Beans)
Hearts Of Palm Beignets With Roasted Tomato Dipping Sauce
Hearts Of Palm Strudel With Remoulade Sauce