- 1 stick plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries, or any combination, rinsed well and patted dry
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup chopped roasted pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 10-inch cake pan with the tablespoon of butter, and lightly dust with flour. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar with a mixer on high speed. Into a separate bowl, sift all the dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients in 3 stages into the butter, alternating with the eggs 1 at a time, beating after the addition of each. Fold the sour cream into the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan, and arrange the berries evenly over the top.
- To make the streusel topping, place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend. Evenly sprinkle the topping over the top of the berries.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown and risen, and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before serving.