- 2 to 4 tablespoons finely ground dark roast coffee (preferably with chicory such as CafÈ Du Monde)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- Hot water
- 1 teaspoon dark rum (optional) or water
- Vietnamese coffee press
- Ice cubes or chipped ice
- Place the ground coffee in Vietnamese coffee press, wet with a bit of dark rum or water and screw the press on grounds.
- Pour about one-half to one inch of sweetened condensed milk in the bottom of a tall glass. Set the Vietnamese coffee maker on the rim and slowly pour hot water to fill almost to the top or just until bubbles appear through the water, and the coffee drips slowly out the bottom of the press. Cover with lid and let drip. When all water has dripped through, stir the condensed milk and coffee together. Pour the mix into a fresh tall glass filled with ice cubes or chipped ice.