- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups rolled oats (processed fine)
- 1 cup dried fruit (cut into small pieces)
- 3/4 cup pecans (processed fine)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars until creamy. Beat in the eggs until well blended, and then add the vanilla.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking soda, and spices. Add to the butter mixture and stir well. Add the processed oats, dried fruit and nuts. Stir until blended. Drop by heaping tablespoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets and flatten the mounds slightly with moistened fingers.
- Bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool the cookies on wire racks.