- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Bring a second large, heavy pot of water to a rolling boil over high heat. Add the salt, oil, and spaghetti.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the spaghetti from sticking together.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the pot from the heat and drain the spaghetti in a colander set in the sink, pouring away from you.
- Add the spaghetti to the pot with the meatballs and sauce and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- If you really want all of your meatballs to be the same size, try using a spoon or small scoop to portion out the meat mixture before rolling it into meatballs!
- And hereís another trick: If you donít plan on serving all of your spaghetti the first night, toss the leftover noodles with a teaspoon or so of olive oil to prevent them from sticking together. This way you can reheat the spaghetti in a pot or the microwave the next day.