- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baby Bam
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 14 cocktail sausages, bought fully cooked
- Make sure the oven rack is in the center position and preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Lightly grease the corn-shaped wells of the corn stick pan with 1 tablespoon of the oil, using either a pastry brush or your fingers. Place the pan in the oven to preheat (the pan should heat in the oven for at least 15 minutes).
- While the pan is heating, put the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, Baby Bam, salt, buttermilk, egg, and cheese in a mixing bowl and stir with a fork until just combined.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, carefully remove the hot pan from the oven and spoon about 3 tablespoons of the batter into each well. (This will use up only half the batter.) Lay 2 cocktail sausages down in the center of each well.
- Spoon the remaining batter into each well, dividing evenly among them to completely cover the sausages.
- Bake until golden brown, about 18 minutes.
- Using the mitts or pot holders, remove the pan from the oven and allow to rest for 3 to 5 minutes before turning the corn dogs out onto a wire rack. Serve hot, with desired condiments for dipping.
- Be extra careful not to touch the hot pan when placing the batter and cocktail sausages in the wells!
- For a really awesome combination, try whipping up a batch of Some Real Good Chili to serve with theseóyour family and friends will love you all the more!
Make Lots Of Friends Oven Baked French Fries
Maple Buttery Corn Muffins
Tinfoil Corn Rules
Hot Out Of The Oven Bread
Oven Crispy Cheese Fries
Oven Roasted Veggies
Go Nuts For Banana Bread
You Gotta Love Spaghetti And Meatballs
Emerilized Tuna Casserole
Chicken Nuggets With Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce