- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baby Bam
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 14 cocktail sausages, bought fully cooked
- Make sure the oven rack is in the center position and preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Lightly grease the corn-shaped wells of the corn stick pan with 1 tablespoon of the oil, using either a pastry brush or your fingers. Place the pan in the oven to preheat (the pan should heat in the oven for at least 15 minutes).
- While the pan is heating, put the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, Baby Bam, salt, buttermilk, egg, and cheese in a mixing bowl and stir with a fork until just combined.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, carefully remove the hot pan from the oven and spoon about 3 tablespoons of the batter into each well. (This will use up only half the batter.) Lay 2 cocktail sausages down in the center of each well.
- Spoon the remaining batter into each well, dividing evenly among them to completely cover the sausages.
- Bake until golden brown, about 18 minutes.
- Using the mitts or pot holders, remove the pan from the oven and allow to rest for 3 to 5 minutes before turning the corn dogs out onto a wire rack. Serve hot, with desired condiments for dipping.
- Be extra careful not to touch the hot pan when placing the batter and cocktail sausages in the wells!
- For a really awesome combination, try whipping up a batch of Some Real Good Chili to serve with theseóyour family and friends will love you all the more!