- 1 (1-pound) package of large pita breads (6 pita rounds)
- 1 1/2 cups Best Basic Red Sauce or
- store-bought pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese (about 6 ounces)
- Make sure the oven rack is in the lower third of the oven and preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Lay the pita rounds on 2 large baking sheets.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the Best Basic Red Sauce or pizza sauce on each round and spread it evenly with the back of the spoon. Top each with 1/4 cup of the grated cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the sheets from the oven.
- Cut each pita pizza into 6 slices with a sharp knife or pizza cutter, transfer them to a plate using a turner, and serve immediately.
- Eat-a-Pita Pizza for One: For each pita round, youíll need just 1/4 cup of the Best Basic Red Sauce or store-bought pizza sauce or your favorite store-bought pizza sauce and 1/4 cup of your favorite grated cheese. Preheat a toaster oven to 400?F and assemble your pita pizza according to the directions above. Carefully place your pita pizza in the toaster oven and bake it for 6 to 8 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown. Using a turner, carefully transfer your pita pizza to a cutting board and cut it into 6 slices with a sharp knife or pizza cutter. Transfer the pita pizza to a plate and serve immediately.