- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup mixed nuts, including slivered almonds and coarsely chopped pecans and walnuts
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup hulled green pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins or golden raisins (or a combination of both)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or blueberries
- 1/4 cup dried banana chips
- Be very careful when stirring the hot nut mixture!
- Make sure the oven rack is in the center position and preheat the oven to 325?F.
- Combine the honey and butter in a small saucepan. Heat on low heat and stir until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Combine the oats, mixed nuts, coconut, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and salt in a large bowl. Stir with a large wooden spoon to mix well.
- Pour the honey butter over the oat mixture and stir until well combined.
- Spread the granola evenly in a thin layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring every 5 minutes with a wooden spoon to prevent the granola from sticking or burning, until fragrant and golden brown, about 20 minutes. (Do not overcookóthe granola will crisp as it cools.)
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the baking sheet from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. When completely cooled, transfer the granola to a large mixing bowl and stir in the dried fruit.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- An airtight container is importantóthis will keep your Crispy-Crunchy Granola Munchies fresh!