- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- Place the water and salt in a medium, heavy saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the rice and stir with a fork. When the water returns to a boil, cover and lower the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20 minutes. Do not uncover or stir while the rice is cooking!
- Using an oven mitt or pot holder, remove the saucepan from the heat and let the rice rest for 10 minutes before you stir or take it out of the pan.
- Serve, or cool as directed for Another Notch Fried Rice.