- One-half cup margarine or butter
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- One and two-thirds cups sugar
- One and one-fourth cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- One-half teaspoon baking powder
- One-half teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped nuts (if desired)
- Preheat the oven to oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the margarine and chocolate chips in a saucepan, stirring constantly, until melted. Beat in the remaining ingredients until smooth; stir in the nuts. Spread in greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake until the center is set, about 30 minutes; cool completely.
- Cut into bars.