- 3 scant teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon each of ground cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg
- 1 pound raisins
- 2 pounds pecans, chopped
- One-half pound red candied pineapple
- One-half pound green candied pineapple
- One-half pound red candied cherries
- 1 small cocoanut, grated (or box of moist grated)
- One and one-half cups (packed) brown sugar
- One-half cup butter or margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whiskey (100-proof bourbon)
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle juice
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In another bowl, combine the nuts and candied fruit. Add one cup of the flour and toss to coat evenly.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs and beat to blend well. Add the whiskey and pickle juice. Add the mixture of baking soda, flour and spices. Mix well. Add the nuts and candied fruit mixture. Mix well.
- Drop the cookies, by heaping tablespoonfuls, on a greased sheet and bake until they are lightly browned, about 12 minutes. (This makes a LOT of cookies.)