- 4 medium-size red potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- One-half cup finely chopped onions
- One-fourth cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- One-fourth cup water
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- One-fourth teaspoon celery seeds
- Boil or steam the potatoes until just done; do not overcook. Drain.
- Allow potatoes to cool slightly, then cut into one-fourth-inch slices into a large serving bowl. Heat the butter in a nonstick pan and add the onions. Cook just until soft and transparent. Stir in the vinegar, water, black pepper, parsley and celery seeds. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes more. Pour the sauce over the hot potatoes. Stir gently and serve.