- 1/4 pound thinly sliced proscuitto
- 1 cup roughly chopped cantaloupe, plus 3/4 cup finely diced cantaloupe
- 1 cup roughly chopped honeydew melon, plus 3/4 cup finely diced honeydew melon
- 1 cup roughly chopped sweet onion, such as Vidalia, Maui, or Walla Walla, plus 1 cup finely diced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped celery, plus 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped red bell pepper, plus 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup roughly chopped, seeded, peeled cucumber, plus 3/4 cup finely diced, seeded, peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 slices white bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapenos
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake the prosciutto until crisp, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Combine the roughly chopped ingredients (cantaloupe, honeydew, sweet onion, celery, red bell pepper, and cucumber), lemon juice, lime juice, and bread in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Puree on high until smooth.
- Combine the finely chopped ingredients, jalapeños, garlic, chives, parsley, mint, cilantro, and olive oil in a large bowl. Stir well to combine. Fold the pureed ingredients into the chopped ingredients. Add the salt and pepper and stir well to combine. Let rest at least 1 hour, covered and refrigerated, for the flavors to blend.
- Serve chilled, garnished with crumbled crispy prosciutto.
Cantaloupe, Prosciutto, And Arugula Salad
Rock Shrimp Quesadillas With A Cantaloupe, Berry And Peach Salsa
Chilled Roasted Beet And Fennel Soup With Apple-sage-mint Crema, And Toasted Pistachios
Arugula And Prosciutto Salad With Pears, Blue Cheese And Pecans
Marinated Cherry Peppers Stuffed with Homemade Goat Cheese served with a Prosciutto and Arugula Salad
Pan Crispy Striped Bass With Brown Butter, Lump Crab Meat And Wild Mushroom and Watercress Salad
Warm Spinach Salad With Balsamic And Andouille Vinaigrette With Sliced Red Onions And Goat Cheese
Prosciutto, Brie, And Pear Sandwiches With Mixed Green Salad And Lardon Vinaigrette
Crispy Crabmeat Ravioli with a Sweet Corn Maque Choux
Crispy Catfish And Black Eyed Peas, Bacon And Caramelized Onion Relish With Fried Collard Greens