- 1/2 pound (about 7 cups) native greens and herbs, rinsed and spun dry
- 1/4 cup flax seeds, lightly toasted
- 2 small spring onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup blackberries or red raspberries
- 1/4 cup white raspberries
- 1/4 cup flax seed oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces Oka cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 slices French bread, about 1/4-inch thick
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, seeds, onions and berries.
- Place the sliced bread on a baking sheet and lightly toast until golden on 1 side, about 6 minutes.Turn the slices and place the cheese on the soft sides. Return to the oven and toast until the cheese is melted and just bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and divide among 4 salad plates. Place 2 cheese croutons on each plate and serve immediately.
Watercress And Shoots Salad With Toasted Flax Seeds, Fresh Berries, Oka Cheese Croutons And Flax Seed Oil Vinaigrette
Duck Confit Salad With Dried Berries, Stilton Cheese, And Vanilla Shallot Vinaigrette
Jill's Fresh Pear And Maytag Farms Blue Cheese Salad With A Toasted Walnut Vinaigrette
Cold Lobster And Vanilla Bean Salad Over Fresh Maiche With Toasted Croutons
Mixed Berry & Nectarine Crostade With Canola Oil Pie Crust
Mesclun Greens With Creamy Garlic Dressing And Roasted Garlic Crouton With Parmigiano-reggiano Cheese
Confit Of Exotic Mushrooms With Fresh Angel Hair Pasta Tossed In Truffle Oil With Shaved Truffles And Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
Mixed Green Salad With Blackberry Dressing, Walnuts, And A Mutton Button Butter-fried Crouton
Jerusalem Artichokes With Mushrooms And Truffle Oil
Fried Fresh Mozzarella Cheese With A Mushroom Ragu, Shaved Truffles And A Drizzle Of White Truffle Oil