- 1 envelope (1/4-ounce) dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup warm water (about 110 degree F)
- 3 1/2 cups bleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Combine the yeast, sugar, 2 tablespoons of the oil, and water in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook. Beat on low speed for 1 minute. Add the flour, salt and chocolate chips. Beat at low speed until all of the flour is incorporated, about 1 minute. Then beat at medium speed until the mixture forms a ball, leaves the sides of the bowl, and climbs up the dough hook. Remove the dough from the bowl. Using your hands, form the dough into a smooth ball. Lightly oil a bowl with 1 teaspoon of the oil. Place the dough in the bowl and turn it to oil all sides. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draft-free place until it doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and place on a lightly floured work surface. Knead the dough a couple of times and form into a 6 inch loaf. Grease a loaf pan with the remaining 1 teaspoon of the oil. Place the dough into the prepared pan. Using a sharp knife, make 3 slits across the top of the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draft-free place until it doubles in size, about 1 hour. Brush the top of the bread with the beaten egg.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until slightly brown and hollow with the top is tapped. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
Emeril's Peanut Butter And Banana Sandwich With Homemade Bam Chips
Apple And Oatmeal Crisp
Homemade Rye Bread
Homemade Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Two-day Multigrain Bread
White Sandwich Bread
Roast Beef, Arugula, And Blue Cheese Sandwiches On Homemade Rosemary Focaccia Bread With Roasted Red Bell Pepper Dressing
Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies