- 1 tablespoon garlic infused garlic oil
- 3 ounces prosciutto diced
- 2 (28-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 pound thick pasta (cooked al dente)
- 3 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- I keep prosciutto in my freezer to have on hand so if I find I have to create a last minute meal, this always meets the need!
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven. Add the garlic and prosciutto, and cook, stirring, until golden. Add the tomatoes. Cover, leaving room for steam to escape so the sauce will thicken. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add the fresh basil. Pour the sauce over hot pasta and toss with the Parmesan cheese.