- 1 ear Fire Roasted Corn, kernels only (1/2 cup)
- 1 small Fire Roasted Onion, peeled, cut into quarters, then eighths
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Emerilís Southwest Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups assorted greens (combine mache, arugula, frisÈe, radiacchio, red oak, or other salad greens)
- 16 peeled and deveined medium shrimp (about 1 pound)
- Heat a large heavy skillet over high heat until very hot and smoking, for about 3 minutes. Add the corn and onion and sear, shaking the skillet and stirring until the corn and onions are brown, for about 3 minutes. (The corn will pop a little, so donít stick your face in the skillet.) Turn off the heat but leave the skillet on the hot burner.
- With the heat off, add the oil, vinegar, cilantro, 1 teaspoon Southwest Seasoning, salt, and pepper and stir for 2 minutes. Makes 1 1/4 cups.
- Place the greens in a large bowl and pour the dressing over, leaving a residue of the oil in the skillet.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with the remaining 1 tablespoon Southwest Seasoning. Turn the heat up to high under the same skillet. When the oil residue is hot, add the shrimp and sear them until brown, for about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat. Add the shrimp to the greens and the dressing and toss well.
- To serve, divide the salad among 4 plates or shallow bowls, allowing 4 shrimp for each portion.
- Note: Fire-Roasted Corn: Husk the corn and place it directly on a gas burner. Turn the flame to medium and roast for about 3 minutes, turning several times with tongs. If you have an electric stove, it should take about 5 minutes.
- Fire-Roasted Onions: Skin small onions and place them, whole, under the broiler of your oven. Roast until tender, turning several times, for about 30 minutes.
Roasted Shrimp With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce And Warm Frisee Corn Salad
Southwest Cowboy Steak With Skillet Corn Sauce And Tortillas
Tender Roast Chicken With Chestnut Corn Bread Dressing
Fried Eggplant Salad With Sweet Corn Dressing
Spicy Beef Empanadas With Fire Sauce And Cilantro Cream
Warm Spinach Salad With A Fire-roasted Corn And Crispy Pancetta Dressing And Crumbled Goat's Cheese
Roasted Shrimp With Saffron Potatoes And Tomato Mirliton Relish
Southwest Cheese Pie With Pico De Gallo
Crabmeat Potato Salad With Warm Saffron Dressing
Fried Wild Mushroom Salad With Wild Mushroom Dressing