- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 pound (1 cup) chopped smoked salmon
- 2 large egg yolks
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups Dilly Egg Sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh red salmon caviar
- 8 fresh dill sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 375?F. Butter four 1/2-cup ramekins, using 1/2 teaspoon of the butter for each.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions, shallots, garlic, and dill and sautÈ for 30 seconds. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the milk, Creole Seasoning, salt, white and black peppers and simmer for 1 1/2 minutes. Whisk in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, flour, and baking powder and whisk or stir until the mixture forms a thick roux. Remove from the heat.
- Turn the roux into a bowl, add the salmon, and stir to break it up. Stir in the egg yolks. (If youíre preparing these ahead, stop here, refrigerate the mixture and complete about 20 minutes before serving.) Beat the egg whites in another bowl until stiff. Fold the egg whites gently into the salmon mixture. Divide equally among the ramekins, mounding the mixture in. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake until brown and puffy, for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the soufflÈs are baking, prepare the Dilly Egg Sauce, and keep warm.
- To serve, break the top of each soufflÈ and spoon in 4 to 6 tablespoons of the Dilley Egg Sauce. Top with 1/2 teaspoon caviar and 2 sprigs fresh dill.
Smoked Salmon Potato Hash With Poached Eggs And Caviar
Smoked Duck Hash With Poached Eggs And Woodland Cream
Dilly Egg Sauce
Chicken Andouille Hash With Poached Eggs And Sauce Piquante
Smoked Salmon Cakes With Lemon Dill Sauce
Frozen Chestnut Souffles With Brandied Berry Sauce
J.K.'s Chocolate Souffles With Chocolate Grand Marnier Sauce
Smoked Salmon Cheesecake With Green Onions Coulis
Corn Flaps With Chive Cream And Caviar
Smoked Salmon Terrine With Christmas Caviar Sauce