- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts (mix 2 of your favorites, half-and-half: pecans, walnuts, almonds, macadamias)
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, granulated and brown sugars, vanilla, and the egg. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together and add to the other ingredients, and mix just until the dough is stiff.
- Stir in the nuts and chocolate, form the cookies with 2 soup spoons, and place them 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake until light brown, for about 20 to 25 minutes, and remove from the oven.