- 1 1/2 cups Sauce Piquante
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked potato (1/2-inch dice)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell peppers
- 1 cup (8 ounces) chopped andouille sausage
- 1 cup (6 ounces) diced cooked chicken breasts (1/2-inch dice)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Perfect Poached Eggs, cooked just before serving
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Prepare the Sauce Piquante, and keep warm.
- Preheat the oven to 200?F.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the potatoes and sautÈ, shaking the skillet occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add the onions, bell peppers, and andouille and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and sautÈ for 1 minute. Add the garlic, Creole Seasoning, salt, and pepper and fry, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat. Makes 3 cups.
- Keep the hash warm by placing the skillet in the oven. Prepare the Perfect Poached Eggs.
- To serve, mound 3/4 cup of the hash on each of 4 dinner plates. Place 1 Perfect Poached Egg on top of each and drizzle with a generous 1/3 cup of the Sauce Piquante. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon of the green onions.
- Note: Bring 3 cups of water to a boil with 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan over high heat. Crack an egg into a cup and slide the egg gently into the water. Crack another egg into the cup and when the water returns to a boil slide this egg into the water as well. When the water returns to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer until the eggs are set. Watch carefully and remove the eggs when the yolks are still soft, about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. (Test by lifting an egg slightly out of the water on a slotted spoon and gently pressing the center with your finger; the yolk should be soft and the white firm.) Drain on paper towels. Poached eggs can be made ahead and kept immersed in a bowl of water in the refrigerator. Reheat by immersing briefly in simmering water.
Smoked Duck Hash With Poached Eggs And Woodland Cream
Smoked Salmon Potato Hash With Poached Eggs And Caviar
Smoked Salmon Souffles With Dilly Egg Sauce And Caviar
Perfect Poached Eggs
Roast Beef Hash With Poached Eggs And Wild Mushroom Sauce On Garlic French Bread
Barbecued Salmon with Andouille and Potato Hash
Quail Milton with Wild Mushroom-Andouille Duxelles and Port Wine Sauce
Duck, Andouille, And Scallion Pancakes With Ginger Orange Sauce
Shrimp Stuffed Flounder With Sauce Piquante
Spicy Salt Cod Cakes With Fondue Piquante And Fava Bean Relish