- CORN CAKES:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup corn kernels (from 1 to 2 ears corn)
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup bleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup masa harina (available at Latin markets and many supermarkets)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning
- SALMON SALAD:
- 1/2 pound smoked salmon, chopped
- 6 Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, finely minced, plus 1 teaspoon juice from the bottle
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Mayonnaise, or
- store-bought mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces beluga caviar, or 4 ounces sevruga
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- To make the corn cakes, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the corn, shallots, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and the black pepper. Cook, stirring, until the corn and shallots are tender, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk the cream and eggs in a large bowl. Whisk in the cornmeal, flour, masa harina, baking powder, cayenne, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 3/4 cup water. Fold in the corn mixture.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Using 1 tablespoon of batter for each corn cake, drop the batter into the skillet. (You can cook about 8 at a time.) Cook until golden brown, about 11/2 minutes on each side, adding more oil as necessary. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with the Essence.
- To make salad, toss the salmon in a mixing bowl with the eggs, capers, and caper juice. Mix well. Stir in the mayonnaise to taste. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the salad over each corn cake and garnish with the caviar and chives.
Cured Salmon And Caramelized Ruby Red Grapefruit Salad With Blood Orange Gastrique
Open Face Salmon Reuben
Corn Cakes With Caviar And Traditional Garnishes
Crawfish And Corn Cakes
Emeril's Knife And Fork Open-faced Sandwich
Crabmeat And Hearts Of Palm Strudels With Corn Remoulade
Belon Oysters With Champagne & Chervil Mignonette And Beluga Caviar
Crab Cakes With Poached Eggs And Wild Mushroom Sauce
Crabmeat Salad With Asparagus And Zucchini Blossoms
Hazelnut, Goat Cheese, And Baby Greens Salad With Hazelnut Chardonnay Dressing