- 1/4 cup olive oil, or as needed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions (green and white parts)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise or
- store-bought mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup bleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Creole Seasoning
- Poached Eggs
- Wild Mushroom Sauce
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, bell peppers, celery, salt, and cayenne and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the green onions and parsley and cook just until wilted, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Place the crabmeat in a large bowl and add the cooked vegetables. Add the mayonnaise, cheese, and egg and stir gently with a large wooden spoon. Add the bread crumbs and stir gently, being careful not to break up the crabmeat too much. Form the mixture into twelve 2-inch-diameter cakes.
- Combine the flour and Essence in a medium bowl. Lightly coat both sides of each cake with the flour mixture. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. In batches, without crowding, cook the cakes until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side, adding more oil as needed. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- To serve, place two crab cakes on each plate, top each cake with 1 poached egg, and spoon about 1/3 cup of the sauce over each serving.
Roast Beef Hash With Poached Eggs And Wild Mushroom Sauce On Garlic French Bread
Chile Scrambled Eggs With Fried Oysters And Emeril's Pico De Gallo
Seared Scallops On Truffle White Bean Puree With Wild Mushroom Sauce
Wild Mushroom Sauce
Chicken Andouille Hash With Poached Eggs And Sauce Piquante
Rabbit, Andouille, And Wild Mushroom Gumbo
Truffled Corn And Wild Mushroom Fettuccine
Lobster Potato Cakes With Poached Eggs And American Sauce
Egg Rolls With Hot Mustard Sauce